Phone: 910-875-2074


  • What is the CHP Anniversary Challenge?

This challenge is an online fundraising competition. The 11 CHP ambassadors have a goal to each raise $5,000 for the Carolina Horse Park Foundation. In addition to reaching their goal, ambassadors are competing to raise the most money. Winner of the challenge will receive the grand prize package. All the funds raised go towards improving and maintaining CHP.

  • Is the Carolina Horse Park a non-profit organization?

Yes! The Carolina Horse Park is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit organization that is devoted to providing world class competitions and prioritizes horse and rider safety. Donations will be tax deductible to the full extent of the law.

  • What are the competition rules?

The 2020 challenge begins October 19 at Noon and concludes November 7 at Midnight. All gifts given within the time frame and designated to an ambassador will be counted in the challenge. CHP will track progress for each ambassador and continuously update the challenge page.

  • What does the challenge winner get?

The winner of the challenge receives:

  • One-year complementary entries and stabling to all 2021 CHP competitions and schooling days (one per event).
  • Receive a Lifetime Friend of the Park membership
  • Banner in the Edith Overly Memorial Arena
  • Two (2) Training Sessions with Will Faudree at Gavilan Farm - one on XC course and one on gallop track
  • $250 Gift Certificate from Southern Pines Equine Associates
  • $50 Gift Certificate from Cabin Branch Tack Shop
  • $50 Gift Certificate from Royal Equine
  • Le Cense 3 in 1 halter from Sagmae
  • Saddle fitting from
  • CHP Tervis Tumbler
  • CHP Sports Towel
  • CHP Hat

Ambassadors will also receive a prize for raising half of the goal and an additional prize if they meet it!  Anyone that gives a gift of $100 or more is automatically entered in a raffle for an entry and stall to one of the events of the 2021 Southern Pines Equine Associates War Horse Event Series. Three winners will be picked throughout the challenge!

  • How can I support an ambassador?

Support your ambassador by giving to the Park on their behalf. To do this, click on your ambassador’s picture then fill out the online gift form. If you are concerned about your gift designation to an ambassador, please contact Shannon Habenicht at

  • Can I still designate my gift for a specific use at CHP?

All gifts given within the challenge go towards maintaining and improving the Park. You can designate the gift towards a specific area at CHP i.e. footing, jump improvements, or facility improvements. Regardless of whether your gift is designated you can be certain it will help ensure a safe experience for all horses and riders as well as the future of CHP!

  • How is participating and giving to this challenge different from other donations?

Though all gifts go to the Carolina Horse Park Foundation, the gifts given through the challenge go directly to maintaining and improving the Park and its facilities.

  • How much should I give?

Any gift amount helps your ambassador get closer to their goal and the ultimate prize package for the winner of the challenge. Every gift, no matter the amount, has an impact!

  • I made my gift, now what?

Help your ambassador by sharing the challenge and YOUR impact with friends and family! You can do this via social media as well as mentioning the challenge in person!

  • I’d like to keep my gift anonymous. How can I do that?

Make your online gift then email Shannon at to notify her you would like your gift to remain anonymous. We will always respect your wishes to remain anonymous.

  • What will the money raised go toward?

Funds raised from the Anniversary Challenge are for general maintenance and improvements at CHP. The Park brings in just over 85% of operating costs with all the events and activities throughout the year. We need your help bridging the gap of the remaining 15%. Your gifts go directly to filling the gap and allows the Park to continue improving the facility and ensuring a safe and fun environment for both horse and rider to compete!

  • Why aren’t entry, stabling, and schooling fees enough to operate CHP?

We do our best to make our events affordable for a wide range of people. Entry fees only cover some of the cost of facility maintenance. Your generosity is what allows us to keep everything top notch at CHP!

  • I’d like to become an ambassador for next year’s CHP’s Ambassador Challenge! How do I get involved as an ambassador?

We want to offer everyone a chance to become more involved at CHP! If you are interested in being an ambassador next year contact Shannon Habenicht at Though, you can always be an ambassador for CHP year-round by giving, volunteering, and sharing with others the magic of CHP!

Get in Touch with CHP!

Telephone: 910-875-2074
Fax: 910-875-4310
Email: Send CHP an Email

2814 Montrose Rd.
Raeford, NC 28376

Carolina Horse Park Galleries